Special Discounts Will Be Given To Customers Whose Cars Have Been Affected By Water Logging/Flooding
Torrential rains have seen several areas in Eastern India and Mumbai fall victim to flooding or water logging. Manufacturers like Hyundai, Mercedes-Benz and Volkswagen have been quick in extending support to flood-affected customers in the nation’s financial capital and Vapi, but Ford will be making special arrangements for its patrons in the North East as well.
While the rain gods showed Mumbai their wrath for one day, parts of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Nagaland, Mizoram and Manipur have been periodically affected by heavy rains and flooding since June this year.
What Assistance Is Ford Offering?
- Ford will be offering special discounts on repairs necessitated by water logging. Common problems faced by flooded cars include damaged electricals and hydrostatic lock (water entering the engine, usually through the air intake preventing the engine from starting).
- Ford service centres will remain operational for extended hours to help get affected cars back on the road at the earliest.
- Engine oil replacement on flood-affected cars will be carried out free of cost.
- Ford is offering a 50 per cent discount on underbody anti-rust coating.
- As a goodwill gesture, Ford will absorb 50% of a customers’ liability on auto part replacement for which they have claimed insurance. So, for example, if insurance only covers 60 per cent of a spare part’s replacement cost, Ford will cover half of the remaining cost that has to be borne out of pocket. Additionally, surveyors from insurance companies have been stationed at Ford service centers to process insurance claims at the earliest.
Source Name : www.cardekho.com