Download Vishva Times App – Live News, Entertainment, Sports, Politics & More
1/2 cup matki (moath beans) flour
1/2 cup besan (bengal gram flour)
1 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch)
1/4 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
1 tsp oil
salt to taste
oil for deep-frying
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Shape the dough into a cylindrical roll, fill the dough into a “sev press” and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and press out thin strands from the sev press into the hot oil.
- Deep-fry the bhujia over a medium flame till they turn light brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Once cooled, crush them lightly with your fingers.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make more bhujias.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.