Download Vishva Times App – Live News, Entertainment, Sports, Politics & More
1 cup rice flour (chawal ka atta)
3/4 cup jaggery (gur)
1 tbsp poppy seeds (khus-khus)
1 tsp ghee
ghee for deep frying
- Combine the rice flour and jaggery and blend in the mixer by adding little water to make a soft dough.
- Keep aside for 4-5 days in the air tight container.
- After 4-5 days take out from the container knead well adding little milk if required
- Place the poppy seeds in a flat clean surface.
- Make lemon sized balls of the dough, take a 1 ball and put some ghee to your fingers and to the ball, then put that lemon sized ball on the some portion of poppy seeds and flatten with your fingers till 1 1/2" size (like a small puri).
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and deep fry till light brown in colour.
- Do same with remaining portions.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve warm or store in an air-tight container.